Sunday, January 01, 2017

Self-Respect

As everyone is in the mood to set goals for the coming year, let me remind you of something really important. Respect yourself!! I love the quote by Elder Holland, "Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are."

Goals are not meant to beat us down because we don't achieve them, goals are to make us a little bit better than we were yesterday. Because I want to love who I am and my accomplishments, I need to focus on what I've achieved, not what I lack!!  So today set a goal that you will accomplish. Even if it is as simple as getting dressed in decent clothes. I'm serious how many of us realize it's noon before we are in a good pair of jeans and nice shirt?!

Just to be accountable I'll tell you my goal for tomorrow. I like to wake up early, but I'm not always an amazing person to be around at that time, so my goal is to wake up happy. I might try having a list by my bed of things that make me happy, or as soon as I pop out of bed get on my knees and start listing all the things I'm grateful for, or singing the cougar fight song as soon as I'm up. Whatever I choose to do the goal is to smile as soon as I am out of bed.

I love this life and I love that as we achieve these little goals they will turn into bigger goals. I know as we respect ourselves and remember who we are and where we came from we recognize that we aren't doing so bad. In fact we are doing pretty good, and there are some pretty important people that are rooting for us. So hop to and reach those goals!!!


No comments: