Monday, December 12, 2016

Sicky

I have been so sick with a big fat head cold these past few days. I'll tell you what, it is miserable. I do not know how those who are constantly suffering from chronic pain, constant nose running from allergies, or anything that sticks around longer than 2 weeks. One thing I have learned though is sometimes you just have to rely on other people. That is not something I'm very good at and it will continue to be something I will work on for the rest of my life. Which is why Heavenly Father throws these little adventures at me.

I know for most of us there is an area in our life that needs constant work. I also know we are given trials to learn and grow in those areas. We are temporarily here on earth to perfect those attributes to the best of our ability. I know I will continually be put in positions where I will have to ask for help, rely on others, and delegate. I hope I will learn how and quickly, because being sick is yucky!!

One final thought, I am all about mental exercises. I think our brain is an amazing instrument that is underutilized in many ways. So think about what attribute you want to work on this year and picture where you will be with it in a year. If it's love, maybe picture your heart growing and you knowing more people in your area. For me I will be picturing an unstuffed nose and my children doing more of the chores and making dinners every night after I have taught them how.  Doesn't that sound delicious?








No comments: